Crispy fried onion can be your perfect snack time partner for the evening! The recipe is not a rocket science. You need to purchase big onions to prepare these snacks. For batter preparation, you will learn three different batter making styles in this post.
1. Beer batter
Beer or a heaven drink, call it whatever you like; is used for preparing a unique batter for crispy fried onions. Things you will be required-
- 330ml Beer- large bottle
- 160gm all purpose flour
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- A spoon of soy sauce
- Fry pan
- Salt and white pepper for seasoning ·
- Pour your selected brand of beer into a large bowl.
- Add some flour to it and whisk it till it gets a smooth and silky texture
- You need to add soy sauce and cayenne pepper in this mixture.
- Stir the mixture well once again and then keep the bowl in fridge
- Till the time it gets chill, you can prepare onion rings
- Slice big onions and separate each ring.
- Heat some cooking oil in the pan
- Coat onion slices with the batter (that you put in a fridge).
- Leave it for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Now, take out the coated sliced onion rings and fry them in the pan.
- It will take 3-4 minutes to turn slices in golden brown.
- Voila! Your perfect snack time partner – crispy fried onion chips are ready to eat!
This is how it will look-
You can season it with salt and white pepper and serve hot with tangy ketchup.
The next batter is for those who want to keep the recipe healthy and tasty.
Sweet crunchy condensed milk batter
Things you will be required-
- Condensed milk can
- Big onions
- Multipurpose flour
- Fry pan
- Slice the big onions and separate rings
- Take a plate and place rings over them
- Pour condensed milk on onion rings and leave it for 30 minutes
- Add flour and coat each slice completely
- Heat the oil and deep fry coated onion slices till they get golden brown
- Use paper tissues as a base to soak extra oil from crispy fried onions
- Your sweet, crispy fried onion snacks are ready to serve!